Fall 2018 American Recorder Available
American Recorder magazine is mailed and online!
Some of the hot topics in this issue are:
- Sing We and Play It: an overview of the madrigal for recorder players by independent scholar and recorder player Beverly Lomer
- Posture While Playing: Gustavo de Francisco reminds us of an easy way to improve our recorder playing
- Tidings: all the updates in the recorder world -- Berkeley Festival wrap-up, Recorder Music Center News, remembering Bob Dorough, EMA hosts young performers at the Bloomington Early Music Festival; SRP news from the UK
- Reviews of CDs and sheet music: Eons Ago Blue, madrigals, music for the holidays
- Extra supplementary material online: We had so much material we couldn't fit it all in print, so please see the extra coverage online.
Of course, we also have our Fall Newsletter
with the Board election results, all the chapter/consort/recorder orchestra news that's fit to print, including our top 3 prize winners of the Play the Recorder Month 2018
contest! You can read reports of many Play the Recorder Month activities to inspire your group for next year. Donors to our two fundraising campaigns, the Spring Fund Appeal and the fall President's Appeal, can see how their generous donations were used as we report on grant and scholarship awards.
We also have our Members Library Edition Music
, a trio for two tenors and a bass by Jeannette Bertles entitled "Far and Away," written as a reflection on the nighttime calls of trains fleeing the city.