ARS at the Boston Early Music Festival
The Boston Early Music Festival
(BEMF) is coming up, and the ARS will be there! All events are not finalized, but on the weekend of June 15-16, ARS will host or sponsor several events, including some listed below. Check back frequently as more details
- Not to be missed is the ARS Recorder Relay Concert, Friday, June 14, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 88 Tremont St, 6th Floor. This event presents the best series of recorder concerts in town, featuring pre-professional and professional players from all over North America; come hear their eclectic performances showcasing the recorder. It will be followed immediately, at about 2 p.m., by a very special event (read on...).
- Award Ceremony and Reception for Distinguished Achievement Award winner Tom Prescott and Presidential Special Honor Award winner Eric Haas. This will be held directly after the Recorder Relay Concert at about 2 p.m.
- Don’t forget to visit the ARS Booth during the BEMF exhibition, to be held Wednesday June 12 to Saturday June 15, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott Boston Downtown, 275 Tremont Street, Boston, MA.
- Join chapter reps (or chapter members willing to represent their groups) for a free breakfast with ARS Board members at the Chapter Representative Breakfast. This is a great way to find out what’s happening in groups all over North America, and to share your thoughts with the Board about the ARS can better serve each chapter. Check back for more details.
- Master Class with renowned recorder professional Stefan Temmingh, Saturday, June 15, 11:30 a.m., Emmanuel Church, 15 Newbury St.
- A thrilling conclusion for recorder players: on Sunday, June 16 at 12:30 p.m. at Jordan Hall of New England Conservatory, BEMF will offer an exciting concert with recorder professional Stefan Temmingh, recorder, and Wiebke Weidanz, harpsichord.
There are many more events happening during the week, many of which feature or include the recorder or related winds.
For more information about ARS events, please contact:
Bonnie Kelly, 781-862-2894 or BonnieKellyARS@gmail.com
Barbara Prescott, 603-643-6442 or barbprescottARS@gmail.com
Susan Burns in the ARS office, 844-509-1422,
Also visit http://bemf.org/pages/fest/schedule.htm
for Festival ticket information (and see a few event highlights mentioned in this issue of AR.